Midland, Texas resident, Jeremiah Caughron is the owner of Tayga Texas, LLC, a firm that deals with commercial construction and property services. After studying welding and agricultural sciences in high school, he later pursued real estate in Midland College. In the course of his career, Jeremiah Caughron obtained numerous real estate industrial certifications. When not working, he loves photographing nature scenes such as mountain creeks, trees and wildlife.
Landscape and nature photography is a favorite activity loved by both professional and amateur photographers. Natural landscapes are filled with beauty and at times, change appearances according to the season. To take good quality images that bring out the best of nature, the following are key tips to guide you.
1. Always study your photography subject as chances are high you will take better images of things you understand. For instance, knowing how your subject behaves helps you predict your shots.
2. Use photographic filters to help you capture the best possible images. Polarizing filters darken the sky and create a perfect contrast of the blues in the sky and the white color of the clouds. Neutral density filters ensure too much light doesn’t enter the camera.
3. Make use of natural light to improve the quality of your photos. Nature photos look brilliant in the morning and evening just before sunrise and sunset. Natural light illuminates subjects clearly and evenly eliminating harsh shadows.
4. Use wide-angle lenses as they can show a broader view and give a greater depth of field. They make both the foreground and background sharp as they allow more light.
5. Try to keep everything about the shoot natural. For the best results, strive to photograph your subjects in their natural habitats.